The mission of the Baltimore Teachers Union is to work for the betterment of the teachers paraprofessionals and school related personnel by organizing, supporting and enforcing the terms of negotiated agreements and by becoming a powerful, political force which influences the direction of education in the Baltimore City Public School System and improves the academic achievement of children.
- To promote the professional and economic well-being of our members.
- To ensure that every student in the City is guaranteed a program of quality education.
- To advance the standards of the teaching and paraprofessional profession.
- To promote the best interests of the public schools of Baltimore City.
- To engage in collective bargaining, cultural, civic, legislative, political, fraternal, educational, charitable, welfare, social and other activities which further the interests of this organization and its membership, directly or indirectly.