Trying to propose an AU-bearing activity? Click and fill out the appropriate form below.
- AU Course Proposal
- AU Course Re-Approval Proposal
- AU Student-Facing Project Proposal
- AU PLC Project proposal
- AU Menu Proposal (download, complete, and then send completed proposal to PD@bcps.k12.md.us)
- Video Recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14pSsRexDdjv26aF7UTl5Nk28C7BCB_aL/view?usp=drive_link
- Presentation Slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/12Kv1cNOuS-CneOTKpgcd64ZGDo7OfL1GyYXNNaWXegM/edit?usp=sharing
- Q& A Responses: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BDjviGESQI-XmKdAidXmp-njLVikR54ByY8OZ-0OfCc/edit?usp=sharing
College Credits (The JGP does not process these, we are just sharing this as an FYI)
Teachers with a Standard Professional Certificate or an Advanced Professional Certificate must upload information about college courses, which will be reviewed to determine eligibility for AUs. Note that information must be uploaded within 90 days of the final day of the course. To upload information, follow these steps:
- Log into Employee Self Service and click “Employee Career Pathway.”
- Select “Initiate Review/Make Correction” and follow the prompts to “Initiate Review.”
- Upload documentation of credits that have not yet been applied to the current pay grade (e.g., official transcripts).
- Note the transaction tracking number
- Requests and documentation are forwarded to the Career Pathway Service Center for review. All documentation is subject to official verification. Teachers will receive initial written notification from the Human Capital Office within 10 business days; manager approval takes an additional 5 days, after which the “Career Pathway Profile” and AU balance is updated on Employee Self Service.
Tuition Reimbursement (The JGP does not process these, we are just sharing this as an FYI)
- Tuition reimbursement deadlines and links: https://www.baltimorecityschools.org/o/inside/page/tuition-reimbursement
- Here is a link to the policy and procedures: https://5il.co/26d6a
There are 2 parts to the tuition reimbursement process. The first step is to submit Phase 1 of your tuition reimbursement application by the deadline prior to starting the course. After you complete the course and receive a B or higher, you complete phase 2 of your application where you submit your proof of payment and your transcript by the deadline.
National Board Certification
Other Helpful Info
- Find the JGP’s district website here: https://www.baltimorecityschools.org/o/inside/page/career-pathways-for-teachers
- The JGP will use PD@bcps.k12.md.us to respond to inquiries about AU-bearing activities like courses, projects, and menu items.
- Communications about pathway movement should be directed to our other email address, JGP@bcps.k12.md.us.
- Here is the AU Handbook.