The Kirwan or “Blueprint for Maryland’s Future” bill passed both chambers of the legislature before the early close of session on March 18th.
- What is this historic 235 page piece of legislation?
- Will Governor Hogan veto it?
- What exactly made it into the final bill and what does this mean for schools?
- How do we pay for it?
- What did our advocacy change in the bill?
- What issues still need to be fixed?
- What next steps can we take to address them?
Please read BTU’s celebration and examination of the most significant education reform legislation of the past 40 years.