Date(s) - Monday, September 27, 2021
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Attend the General Membership Meeting to cast your vote and get involved.
Click here to register: bit.ly/btugmm1
The Sept 27th General Membership Meeting will be a virtual webinar. Please register so your membership can be checked by Marisha Ingram, Membership Associate, and you will be sent the Zoom link so you can join the webinar. The email will be from “BTU Admin #2”. Check your spam folder!
General Membership Meetings will be held quarterly (Sept 27, Dec 6, Mar 7, June 6) from 5:30-7:30pm.
DEADLINE FOR REGISTERING FOR THIS WEBINAR IS SEPT 26TH AT 11:59PM.
NO REGISTRATIONS AFTER THIS DATE/TIME WILL BE CHECKED.
FAQ: September 27 General Membership Meeting/Constitutional Amendment
Why is there a Constitutional Amendment?
At the June 9, 2021 BTU Executive Board meeting, a constitutional amendment was approved by the Executive Board to be brought to the general membership of the BTU.
What constitutional amendment did the BTU Executive Board approve?
- OFFICERS – Effective as of April 2010 Nominations and Election
- BTU will provide for a mail in ballot option on request as well as multiple in person voting locations.
Requests for mail in ballots shall be made to the Chapter’s Secretary not less than ten (10) days prior to the date set for the election and shall contain the grounds therefore. Mail in ballots shall be valid only if they are received by noon of the day on which the polls close. Mail in voting shall be conducted with all proper safeguards for the secrecy of the ballot.
(To see this complete proposed amendment, along with the language that is proposed for removal, click here)
What happens after the constitutional amendment was approved by the Executive Board?
- The amendment will be voted on at the BTU General Membership Meeting on September 27, 2021.
- In order to pass, the amendment must be approved by a vote of two-thirds of the members of each chapter present at the BTU General Membership Meeting, as required by the BTU Constitution.
- A proposed amendment shall be published in an official publication of both Chapters at least fifteen (15) days prior to the meeting at which it is to be considered and shall be sent to each member by email.
How do members attend the September 27 General Membership Meeting?
- Members register at bit.ly/btugmm1
- Members must register by September 26 at 11:59pm to have current membership checked and receive an email with the webinar link.
How will members vote at the September 27 General Membership Meeting?
- The voting will be done live during the General Membership Meeting using electronic online voting with a 2-step process: attendance verification and the vote conducted by Eballot, the same service that was used at the previous General Membership Meeting
- The meeting will use Robert’s Rules of Order with a parliamentarian
- The format will be: information, discussion (with time limits), members will be able to vote after the discussion ends (not during)
- PSRPs vote with PSRPs, Teachers vote with Teachers
- Anonymous vote
- Yes/No vote
- Needs 2/3 yes votes from both chapters to pass
Click here for the full proposed Constitutional Amendment that will be voted on