Follow Us

Leaves and Accommodations

On Jan 25th BTU Lawyer Keith Zimmerman and BTU Field Reps Chae Carriere, George Hendricks, and Cindy Sjoquist conducted a webinar “Accommodations and Leaves Info Clinic”. Please watch this video and slideshow to learn more about your options for applying for an accommodation or leave during COVID-19.



Important Links

Please contact your school’s BTU Field Rep to discuss your individual situation and figure out your best option.

If you are directed by the district to report to work in a school building or worksite, and you do not wish to, you have some additional options:

  • If you need to take leave due to COVID-19, there is Public Health Emergency Leave Form for these reasons: 
    • Employee’s Own Health Condition Related to COVID-19.
    • Employee Caring for an Individual with a Health Condition Related to COVID-19.
    • Child Care Need Related to COVID-19.


  • If you have a preexisting health condition that puts you at high risk for COVID-19, you can apply for an Accommodation Leave.
    • Choose “Alternate Work Location” if you want to work from home
    • You need to use your own leave time while waiting for your Accommodation request to be reviewed.

Click for BCPSS information on different types of Leaves.

Click for more information about COVID-19 Leave.

Click for more information about Accommodations.

Please contact your BTU Field Rep for assistance and questions.


BTU Field Representatives  BTU Field Representative
 Email Addresses
 BTU Field Representative
 Phone Number
John Casey 
Clifton Denby
Chae Carriere
Peggy Gladden
George Hendricks
Neil Ross
Cindy Sjoquist
Chris Bilal