The Office of Human Capital has launched a set of professional development courses for Secretaries for the spring.
Leading from the Secretary’s Seat
This leadership development opportunity is anchored in the Office of Human Capital’s prior customer service offering and will use the self-awareness tool, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), to strengthen service-orientation, conflict management and communication skills for up to 50 secretaries. See the attached description for more information and to apply. As a result of participating in Leading from the Secretary’s Seat, secretaries will:
- Gain insight into their preferences and triggers to ultimately lead with a strong customer service orientation;
- Deepen their understanding of their orientation to conflict and practice how to address conflict; and
- Strengthen their capacity to apply their self-awareness skills to communicate and collaborate more clearly and effectively.
To participate in the Leading from the Secretary’s Seat, please consider applying today. Below are the key dates:
- Application Opens: Week of March 4, 2019
- Application Deadline: Friday, March 15, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
Please click on the following link to apply – Leading from the Secretary’s Seat Program Application. Please note that all applications must include a Principal’s Authorization Form.
- Applicant Status Notification: Monday, March 25, 2019
- Session Dates: Cohort 1 – April 3rd and April 12th| Cohort 2 – May 1st and May 10th
School Secretary Professional Development Academy
The School Secretary Professional Development Academy will consist of sessions facilitated by district office subject-matter experts to help secretaries explore how best to use City Schools’ administrative systems for their jobs, including:
- Infinite Campus
- K-12 Buy
- Office 365
The Academy will be offered on Wednesday, March 27, 2019 from 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM at the Professional Development Center – 2500 E. Northern Parkway, Baltimore, MD 21214.To register for this opportunity secretaries should use the following link – Registration Form for School Secretary Professional Development Academy. Please see the attached description for more information and register now as space is limited.
We hope you take advantage of these opportunities. Should you have other questions, please contact Monica A. Logan (MALogan@bcps.k12.md.us).